Locations of Site Visitors

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Trust

Wednesday morning we took our five year old to have his ear tubes removed.  We knew he would have to undergo anethesia and a small surgery procedure, as parents we were a wreck, worried about what could happen.  My son taught me about true faith that day.  4:30 am we carried him out to the waiting car, still in his pajamas, wrapped in a blanket (it was chilly), and left for the hospital.  He woke up slightly and groggily asked where we were going.  We told him we were going to see the doctor and the doctor wanted to look in his ears.  Expecting a barrage of questions, I was astonished when he simply said "OK" and went back to sleep.  That was it?  It was that simple to him?  As an adult I would have asked, "Why are we going to see a doctor when it is still dark outside.  I am still wearing my pajamas, havent brushed my teeth?  What's really going on?"  Not him.  He trusted us, as his parents, so completely that he simply said "OK" and went back to sleep.  I envy that complete faith and trust, it is something I struggle with in my day to day life.  I strive to have that kind of unquestioning faith in God and his plan for me.  I know it is what He expects, commands and for a long while to come, I will remember that morning and will do my best to tell Him "OK", without hesitation, doubt, or questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Locations of Site Visitors